When can I install my eSIM?
In order to know when you can install your eSIM, you must be aware of the activation policy.
Most eSIMs will only activate at the destination once they connect to a supported network or any of the supported networks.
On the other hand, there are eSIMs that will activate instantly as soon as they are installed, regardless of the location.
How can I know when my eSIM will activate?
You must check your eSIM’s activation policy.
- Search for the country you wish to buy an eSIM for
- Select the eSIM that you like
- Check the Additional Information
- Tap “Show more” to find the Activation Policy
- Go to My eSIMs> Details> Show more> Activation Policy
The activation policy will be either as follows
- “The validity period starts when the eSIM connects to any supported network(s)”: This means that you can install the eSIM before traveling without activating it. Once you arrive at the destination you can connect by turning on your eSIM line as long as the setup has been completed as advised on your eSIM installation page.
- “The validity period starts at the installation”: This means that your eSIM will activate instantly once installed, and hence, the validity period will start to run although you are not yet at the destination.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact support
- What do I do when an eSIM goes out of stock?
- How do I activate the eSIM on an iPhone or iPad in Turkey?
- How do I install and set up my eSIM on my Google Pixel 6 or 6 Pro device?
- How can I save my eSIM instructions for later?
- How do I install and set up an eSIM on my iOS device?
- How to check if my Android device supports eSIM?
- How to check if my iOS device is eSIM compatible and carrier unlocked?
- How can I install my eSIM via Direct Installation on my iOS device?
- How do I install and set up my eSIM on my Pixel device?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How do I install an eSIM on Samsung Galaxy S20/S21 series device?
- When do I need to verify my identity?
- When does my eSIM data package expire?
- How do I change my APN settings?
- Is there an eSIM for my desired country?
- How do I install and set up an eSIM on my Android device?
- How do I sign up for an Airalo account?
- How can I get an eSIM?
Still need help?
Reach out to us and our customer support team will get back to you in a jiffy.Send us a message